"Every Learner Succeeds"
Effective July 2010 the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has three types of substitute licenses and new certification requirements.
1. Regular Classroom Substitute (60 semester hours from academic degree granting program on USDOE accredited list.)
2. Career Education Classroom Substitute (60 semester hours of liberal arts or technical coursework) AND / OR (may have work experience alone or in combination with college work.)
3. Educators (Missouri certified educators who are working as hired substitute teachers.) - All new hires must have fingerprints captured.
Requirements for persons interested in substitute teaching in the East Lynne #40 School District include the following:
- Apply for substitute certificate on-line at http://dese.mo.gov
- Mail original transcripts to DESE (write educator ID or SS number on substitute certificate) Certificate "issued" NOT Copied or Printed
- L-1 Identity Solutions Fingerprinting and Background Check Clearance (Call for appointment at 1-866-522-7067 or follow the on-line procedures listed below.)
- Submit completed employment application, request for criminal record check, Federal W-4 form, MO W-4 form, and I-9 form to the East Lynne #40 School district. (Click into the highlighed links below to print required documents.)