"Every Student Every Day"
Effective July 2010, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has three types of substitute licenses and new certification requirements.
1. Regular Classroom Substitute (60 semester hours from academic degree granting program on USDOE accredited list.)
2. Career Education Classroom Substitute (60 semester hours of liberal arts or technical coursework) AND / OR (may have work experience alone or in combination with college work.)
3. Educators (Missouri certified educators who are working as hired substitute teachers.) - All new hires must have fingerprints captured.
Requirements for persons interested in substitute teaching in the East Lynne #40 School District :
- Apply for substitute certificate on-line at http://dese.mo.gov
- Mail original transcripts to DESE (write educator ID or SS number on substitute certificate) Certificate "issued" NOT Copied or Printed
- L-1 Identity Solutions Fingerprinting and Background Check Clearance (Call for appointment at 1-866-522-7067 or follow the on-line procedures listed below.)
- Missouri Automated Criminal History System (MACHS) use code 0377 for East Lynne
- Submit completed substitute application online*
- Visit the district office to fill out the Federal W-4 form, MO W-4 form, and I-9 form to the East Lynne #40 School district.
*To receive an online substitute application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following information in your email:
- Your Name
- Your Contact Number
- Your Email
- Request a Substitute application
A link to the online application will be sent to you and you can fill it out. Once you have filled out an application please visit the district office to be officially placed on the substitute list.